AP Physics Review Schedule
Tuesday’s Zero Period and Wednesday’s 3:00-4:00
Check this website frequently as I will post “things you need to bring with you to the review” just before each review date.
What will we do at these sessions: I will go over some pre-selected problems which I feel are indicative of what will be asked (they will be old homework problems). I will also try to provide you with “Young’s Fancy Schmanzy Formula Sheets” for many of these topics. The Formula sheets will be provided at this website. I highly recommend that you start putting them into your calculator.
1. March 4/5: Vectors, Free-Body Diagrams, Tension, Atwood’s Machine
Here are the problems we will go over: p. 93 #36 and #38; p. 118 Example 4.8; p. 120 Example 4.9; p. 133 #58; p. 134 #64; p. 136 #88 and #90; FRQ 1998 #1.
All of these problems (except the “example problems” from pages 118 and 120) are covered in this:
Please download it and look at it BEFORE you come to the review! I’m just going to zip through these – I’ve only got an hour! If you have familiarity with the problems, then you won’t ask _______ questions! Remember, I like donuts!
2. March 11/12: Projectile motion, quadratic equations. P. 60 #51; P. 96 #83
3. March 18/19: Sliding down ramps with friction and without. Momentum, Impulse, conservative vs. non-conservative forces.
4. March 25/26: Angular Speed/Circular Motion/ Centripetal Acceleration: Remember, we are now meeting Tuesday’s in the afternoon and Wednesday mornings.
5. April 1 and April 2 Simple Harmonic Motion – pendulums and sinusoidal functions. Remember, we are now meeting Tuesday’s in the afternoon and Wednesday mornings.
6. April 8 and 9: Fluids – Bernoulli’s Law, Pascal’s Principle. Remember, we are now meeting Tuesday’s in the afternoon and Wednesday mornings.
7. April 22 and 23: Thermodynamics (this will be brand new as we won’t have time to discuss it in class! Make sure you make this one!)
8. April 29 and 30: Atomic Structure (this will be brand new as we won’t have time to discuss it in class! Make sure you make this one!)